Josh and I had been planning to go to State College for about a month not even thinking about it being Valentine's Day weekend. Well about 1/2 way into the week we got the idea that it would be great to be able to go to SC on Friday night and spend the night. It's about a 3 hour drive each way and when you're driving there, doing a bunch of stuff then driving back all in one day it's a lot! So I searched for a hotel room and found out that one of the classiest hotels in town had the cheapest prices that evening! So we booked a room :-)
We ended up heading to SC after work on Friday, checked into the hotel, then went to dinner. We had our "Valentine's Day Dinner" that night at our favorite restaurant - Champs. It was the restaurant we had our first date at! And ever since that date it became a frequent hang out for us!
We did a little shopping that evening too. While we were out I wanted to stop by Hallmark because I had a coupon, lol. So we went in and just happened to start looking at the Willow Tree figures. Josh knows how much I love these (he secretly really likes them too!) and is always talking about starting a collection for me. He knew exactly which one I wanted to start the collection off with too. While we were looking at them he told me that he had gone to our Hallmark during the week and they didn't have the Willow Tree he wanted to get me, so he "spoiled" the surprise and let me just pick it out that evening since that Hallmark had it in stock! Even though he "let me get it" I was still shocked! We had said no gifts, just cards for Valentine's Day! :-)
I was so thrilled to finally have my collection started!
So here it is, along with my Valentine's Day card.
For our first, married Valentine's Day I'd say it was pretty darn good!





Awww! That is so sweet!!! :) Todd and I didn't do anything for our first Valentine's Day except be lazy and that's fine with me. My boss has tons of those little figures. They cover all the milestones! lol.
ReplyDeleteHey!! You look so beautiful in the wedding picture! I love Willow Tree figurines too!
ReplyDeleteI love those figurines too! I want one pretty badly as well :) It sounds like you guys had a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteRYC: I'm glad that the Daily Plate was a good resource for you!